Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

~ Cups of Love ~

6:06 PM - By Unknown 0


Don't be deceived- this is not what it looks like. You may think you see some messy coffee cups and a filled pastry bag above. But you'd be wrong. Okay, you'd be half wrong. Yes, they are evidence of a Starbucks run, but really, they are evidence of love.

This is what my twelve-year-old brought home after asking to take a walk in the slushy snow. A mocha for me, a hot chocolate for brother and a donut for us to split. There was a rapping at the mudroom door and there he was- cheeks flushed from the cold, coffee spilled in all directions from slipping along the sidewalk home, overflowing hands that couldn't get the door open. All bought with his own money, and not a thing for himself. And as I hugged him and praised him and told him to change his soaking jeans, I asked why he had been so generous. "Because I love my family," he said.
As I stood there with my special treat, I immediately had the peace I have been missing for days.
There is love here, and we are going to be just fine.

About the Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

0 comments:

    Popular Posts

Blogroll

Discussion

© 2014 season hours. WP Theme-junkie converted by Bloggertheme9
Powered by Blogger.
back to top