Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

~Thrifted Treasure~

8:50 PM - By Unknown 0

Due to the forecast that called for imminent rain today, I had planned a thrift store outing for this afternoon- just me and my boys.
The rain never actually came, but we did stumble on to some treasures . . .
This little plate caught my eye- AND it was half off! 
Isn't it cute all nestled in the serving drawer with my other small platters?
I also found this old brass lamp for only $7.50! It's nice and tall, which I like for reading. 
Now I just need to find the perfect shade to go with it!
 
The last treasure I found this afternoon was this pretty vintage embroidered linen- I'm totally smitten with it!
 Here's some detail. 
 I just love the colors . . . they're such an unusual color combination . . .
And here is the edge . . . isn't it pretty? 
I still haven't quite decided what I'm doing with this- maybe hang it in the mudroom window as an impromptu curtain.
And while I'm on the subject of thrift store finds, do you see the two patterned pillows below? I found them last month while on a date with my husband (yes, he likes thrift stores, too. He gets points for that.)- I was super excited because they were brand new and only 5 bucks a piece. And I LOVE the colors in them!
In fact, they've been my inspiration for decorating this summer.
Slowly, but surely, things are getting moved about, aired out, tidied up and lightened up. I only use what I already have on hand; just shaking things up a bit . . . packing some things away, bringing other things out from other rooms . . . lots of fun! :)
I'll share more when I get a little further.

What treasures have you found lately? I'd love to hear!

About the Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Follow me @Bloggertheme9
View all posts by admin →

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

0 comments:

    Popular Posts

Blogroll

Discussion

© 2014 season hours. WP Theme-junkie converted by Bloggertheme9
Powered by Blogger.
back to top